As of January 1, 2012, about 26.6% of the total population of the Republic of Armenia (802535) are young people, who, being a strategic force of the state, have an exceptional role in the processes of spiritual development and strengthening national security. One of the missions of the Armenian Apostolic Church is to create the necessary conditions and opportunities for this active part of the Armenian population, which makes up about 1/3 of the population, to become free, many-sided developed, bearing spiritual values citizens. For that purpose, in 2001, within the framework of the 1700th anniversary of the proclamation of Christianity as the state religion in Armenia, the Youth Movement of the Armenian Church was founded with the blessing of His Holiness Karekin II, Catholicos of All Armenians, which in 2006 was officially named the World Youth Organization of the Armenian Church (ACYOWorld), and in 2018 was renamed the World Youth Union of the Armenian Church (henceforth as ACYOWorld); since 2019 these are the most important working directions:
- Diocese Relations Department,
- Department of Cooperation with Non-Governmental Organizations,
- Educational and Cultural Department,
- Information Department
The subjects of establishing relations with the dioceses are:
- Diocesan Youth Unions,
- The leaders of the dioceses of Armenia and the Diaspora,
- The chairmen of the dioceses,
- Related to the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin and other church-based organizations.
The subjects of establishing relations with NGOs are:
- State structures and state policy performers,
- Non-governmental organizations of the Republic of Armenia
- International structures.
The subjects of the information department relations are:
- Armenian mass media (press, radio, television),
- Freelance Journalists
- Information representatives of the youth unions of the dioceses.
The concept of ACYOWorld Central Office is a system of programs, mechanisms, events and priorities, which is aimed at:
- Contribute to the spread of the Christian faith and values among the youth according to the doctrine of the Armenian Church,
- To unite the youth around the Armenian Apostolic Church, solving the issue of their spiritual security,
- Creating a consortium of cooperating youth NGOs -to implement measures, programs, and develop mechanisms for the fulfilment of the ACYOWorld strategy,
- Strengthen the church-state relationship by being a performer in the state youth policy,
- To connect and acquaint the youth of the Diaspora with the values of the homeland and the Armenian Church,
- Establish a strong connection between the youth of the Diaspora and Armenia by helping to implement joint programs,
- Contribute to the preservation of the national identity of the Diaspora youth,
- Contribute to the extensive coverage of ACYOWorld program activities (in Armenia and in the Diaspora),
- Contribute to the creation of a common information platform for the youth activities of the Armenian Apostolic Church (ACYOWorld website-page).
In the rapidly changing modern world, full of various risks, in the conditions of socio-economic transformations of the modern society, the role of the Armenian Apostolic Church in sowing national values, preservation of the nation, education, upbringing and development is very important.
The ACYOWorld concept (henceforth as the concept) defines the main provisions and is an integral part of the ACYOWorld youth policy, having a strategic importance. The concept is called to create cooperative conditions for the spiritual growth of the youth, comprehensive development, self-affirmation and self-expression.
The policy subjects of ACYOWorld Central Office are:
- State:Any politically organized community living under the same system of government.
- Non-governmental organization:A legal organization established by individuals or organizations without the participation of any government. These types of organizations are also called non-governmental organizations and with the abbreviation of the more widespread 'NGO'.
- Youth:Armenian people aged 16-35 from all over the world, regardless of citizenship, but an adherent of the Armenian Apostolic Church.
- Youth Non-Governmental Organization:Non-governmental organizations registered in the Republic of Armenia, which, according to their charter, deal with youth issues and / or carry out youth work.
- Diocese: The Union of Communities, Wards and Monasteries of the Armenian Apostolic Church in the Geographical Area, which operates under the authority of the Primate of the Diocese.
- The Primate of the Diocese: According to the sacred tradition of the Holy Church of Christ, is a bishop with the diocesan rank according to the church rules.
- Chairman: A secular person nominated by a responsible person or members of a functioning youth union.
- Youth Union: Under the authority of a responsible person appointed by the Primate of the Diocese, youth union under the auspices of the dioceses and parishes.
- Mass Media:A set of information technologies that, through mass communication, create a large audience. The technologies through which this communication takes place include Broadcast Media, Digital Media, Internet Media, External Media, Print Media, Event Management, and Public Speaking.
- Digital Media:Different paid and own communication channels to reach and involve the target audience, which includes advertising emails, search engines and social networks.
- Website:A collection of affiliated web pages containing texts, images, videos, or other digital media. The website is usually installed on at least one server available on the Internet.